Dark
Light

New-look report shines spotlight on record-breaking UEFA revenue.

1 min read
61 views

TLDR:

  • UEFA has released its new European Club Finance and Investment Landscape Report.
  • The report shows that first division club revenues reached a record level of just under €24bn in the 2022 financial year.
  • Despite the pandemic, European club football revenues have grown at a rate of more than a billion euros a year between 2013 and 2023.
  • 93.5% of UEFA club competition revenue is channelled back to the participating clubs.
  • The report also highlights the unsustainable wage levels in some European leagues.

UEFA has released the new European Club Finance and Investment Landscape Report, providing the most authoritative and comprehensive review of the European football finance landscape. The report shows that first division club revenues reached a record level of just under €24bn in the 2022 financial year, despite the lingering impacts of the pandemic. Based on early club revenue submissions, revenue is anticipated to grow to beyond €26bn in the 2023 financial year. The report also highlights the confidence investors have in European football, with club acquisitions and investments continuing to grow. Furthermore, the report notes that 93.5% of UEFA club competition revenue is channelled back to the participating clubs, with the remaining 6.5% reinvested into grassroots funding. Despite the pandemic, European club football revenues have grown at a rate of more than a billion euros a year between 2013 and 2023. However, the report also highlights the unsustainable wage levels in some European leagues, with wages absorbing a significant portion of club revenues. UEFA is taking steps to address these issues, including strengthened squad cost controls and regulations to encourage clubs to control their costs. The new report provides a clear vision for the future of European club football and emphasizes the importance of stability and success for all clubs.

Previous Story

Close Brothers halts dividend due to FCA’s motor finance probe.

Next Story

Pakistan’s Islamic finance dream: navigating through bumps and reaching goals.

Latest from News